Advance your Project Controls career as a Cost Analyst at Campos EPC. Our Cost Analyst’s play a crucial role in our project management process. The primary role of the Cost Analyst is to analyze and maintain cost control systems and processes to ensure assigned projects remain on budget. The Cost Analyst is also responsible for identifying deviations from approved budgets and notifying and working with appropriate stakeholders to develop and publish budget corrections.
Campos EPC Cost Analysts work closely and interactively with client stakeholders to actively identify, and creatively resolve, project cost tasks.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Communicate expenditures, budgets, commitments, estimate at completion, and forecast with Project Managers, Costs Leads, and Project Controls Manager.
- Ensure costs reports are issued on time and with accurate current data and Work Order Authorization Budgets are not exceeded.
- Work closely with Project Managers to review project financial status, identify deviations from planned budget, and explain variances. Advise concerning budget corrections.
- Ensure cost controls and reporting processes are applied to track: direct/indirect costs, budgets, and allocations.
- Ensure accruals are reported and applied to monthly forecast projections.
- Recognize historical trends and provide forecasting for projects; monitor and modify cash flow.
- Run SAP reports with all cost data coming from company financial system (directs/indirect), and analyze reports to identify deviations. Work with proper stakeholder to correct identified deviations.
- Properly read the schedule and understand durations to incorporate in the forecast.
- Organize and track documents as they go through the approval process, make sure signed forms are gathered, and saved for auditing purposes.
- Ensure forecast is revised on a monthly basis, and is based on consideration of progress, pending change orders, expenditure rates, and earned value factors.
- Ensure current budget is updated according to the change management process with latest approved change orders.
- Schedule and attend meetings, as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Technical degree in related field required; PMP or any AACE certification preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience, Pipeline, Gas Facilities experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is important.
- Time management and organizational skills and the ability to deal effectively with stressful situations.
- Hands-on experience and general knowledge of cost management, including budgeting, change management, forecasting, and reporting.
- Understanding of basic project accounting principles, and processes is required.
- Ability to understand agreements, and purchase orders milestone payments.
- Intermediate proficiency level with Microsoft Office products. SAP experience a plus.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail important.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including internal resources and clients.
WHY CAMPOS EPC?
Campos EPC offers industry leading pay, a great team environment, and a rewards system that aligns your compensation with your success. Our continued growth provides career development opportunities and the ability to create your own future. Campos EPC rewards innovative thinking, hard work, and determination. Come grow with us!
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Campos EPC does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Campos EPC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Campos EPC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Campos EPC.