Campos EPC is looking for skilled Electrical/Gas Designers with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with engineers and project managers to deliver high quality drafting/design projects. Campos EPC has built its reputation and client base by delivering industry leading drawing packages.
As an Electrical/Gas Designer for Campos EPC you will produce detailed designs of utility overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems. Work includes the preparation of job base maps, development of trench and conduit plans, cable and connection details, and bill of materials. Campos Electrical/Gas Designers prepare construction drawings, and design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, industry and client standards related to assigned work.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Work with design team to assist/prepare documentation related to overhead and underground distribution systems applying the prescribed standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
- Apply the client’s standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
- Prepare design sketches and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
- Perform distribution system design calculations.
- Acquire field data necessary to prepare the appropriate design.
- Assist in the performance of load studies on distribution transformers, investigate circuit overloads and voltage complaints to determine necessary corrective action.
- Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
- Utilize client and Company information systems to track and update design activities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree or completion of related technical trade school courses, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Electric Utility Design preferred.
- 5+ years minimum related industry experience.
- Specific experience in utility undergrounding programs is desired.
- Experience with AutoCAD is required, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation experience is a plus.
WHY CAMPOS EPC?
Campos EPC offers industry leading pay, a great team environment, and a rewards system that aligns your compensation with your success. Our continued growth provides career development opportunities and the ability to create your own future. Campos EPC rewards innovative thinking, hard work, and determination. Come grow with us!
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Campos EPC does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Campos EPC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Campos EPC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Campos EPC.