We are seeking an Estimator I to become an integral part of our team! We are looking for talented, eager Estimators who are ready to learn and grow. Our client is a recognized industry leader who provide oil & gas pipeline engineering services nationwide!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Prepares construction estimates and Total-Installed-Cost (TIC) including proposal, fair cost, conceptual, definitive design, study, Performance Measurement Baseline, etc.
• Reviews specifications and drawings/sketches for the preparation of cost estimates. Performs detailed quantity takeoff of drawings or sketches.
• Applies appropriate cost elements such as overhead, escalation, contingency, and profit. Prepares, maintains, reviews and revises life-cycle estimates for programmatic activities and line-item construction projects.
• Capability of creating bottom’s up (crew & activity-level) estimates with a good understanding of production rates and key quantities, is preferred.
• Identifies labor, equipment, material and time requirements for various construction project cost elements.
• Experience with parametric cost estimating and/or factored cost estimating is preferred.
• A keen understanding of the synergies between estimating, scheduling and control of cost.
• May be required to facilitate and support planning process for development of an integrated scope, schedule and cost baseline and baseline changes. Specific estimator support to line-item construction projects related to Total Installed Costs (TIC) and Total Project Costs (TPC) includes the preparation of independent cost estimates, and the independent review and assessment of project estimates, A-E proposals, requests-for-proposals (RFP’s) and fixed-price bids.
• Estimators will provide support for various discipline stakeholder cost developments and budget reviews and audits.
• Project estimates will vary in value from $5M up to $400M.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other technical field, preferred.
• AACE certification, preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ estimating experience
• Preferred industry of experience in oil / natural gas pipeline and associated facilities, process facilities, or other utility type construction projects including electrical/power engineering.
• Experience with HeavyBid HCSS Estimating software, Aspen Capital Cost Estimator (ACCE), Excel estimating tools or similar platforms.
• Skilled user of Microsoft Excel and the remaining Microsoft Suite of Applications.
• Experience working both independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Candidates and incumbents need to have the following skills;
• Demonstrated ability to identify and creatively resolve problems in a team environment.
• Ability to respond in a flexible manner and to reprioritize work as the situation demands.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational skills and time management skills are necessary.
• Ability to presentation technical information to clients in a clear, concise manner.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from internal resources and clients.
• Ability to read and interpret communication styles of team members and clients who come from both technical and non-technical disciplines.